Friday, May 1, 2015

Closest Thing to the Miracle that is Jesus Christ

   Yesterday as I was sitting in class looking at my "F" on my practice test, Mrs. Farkas came to the realization that no one in our class knew what the f*** they were doing. It was such a miracle I thought Jesus Christ was in the room.
   Throughout the school year, we have had information shoved down our throats like there's no tomorrow and not until 2 weeks before the AP exam does our teacher realize we haven't been absorbing any of it.
   As we all sat there, she asked what we would rather do tomorrow, a DBQ or go over the practice test. The majority of the room was all for the DBQ and at that moment I was sure everyone was on crack. I raised my hand like the civilized student I am and spoke my mind.
   I said, "I think we should go over the practice test because if you put a DBQ in front of us, we can BS our way through it and whip out a pretty decent essay. If you put one of these [practice test] in front of us, the majority of the class is going to fail."
   Saying this out loud sparked an emotion inside of me and I started tearing up. The fact that I was going to fail my first standardized test had finally hit me and I was beyond overwhelmed. Many students are in the exact same position as I am so can I get a #relatable.
   Teachers need to focus more on learning and less on just "getting through the book."




**Side note: This blog will not be completely negative (@mrpanton). Starting May 16th, the day after my last AP exam, this will be a pocket full of sunshine**

No comments:

Post a Comment