Monday, May 4, 2015

Block It Out

   So today is Monday, May 4th, 2015, and we have exactly 10 days until our AP exam. 10 days. 2400 hours. I have 10 days to try and memorize all this garbage being fed to my brain that it honestly does not want. It's honestly like giving milk to someone who is lactose intolerant. Except I won't be throwing up the information being fed to me, I'll just be throwing up.
   Today, I was sitting in Ms. Farkas's class you know just taking notes being the good student I am and I decided to put my headphones in. Why? Because I needed something to distract me from her voice. After listening to her voice for almost an entire year, I just can't do it anymore. I can't listen to her voice without being so suicidal that my hand looks like a gun. So I put one headphone in and kept doing my thing taking notes, not distracting anyone from their learning or note taking. Let's be real though nobody else is taking notes! Everyone else is just lollygagging and yelling out answers that might be right but the majority of the time are wrong. And who does she decide to call out? Me.
   I'm pretty sure her exact words were "Take that headphone out of your ear. I don't care if you fail your AP exam but you better take that headphone out of your ear before I send you to Mr. Ruiz's class." EXCUSE ME?! WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS! SORRY IF IM DOING MY WORK AND JUST SO HAPPENED TO HAVE MY HEADPHONE IN MY EAR.
   In what world is it okay to tell a student that they can go fail their AP exam? Not in my world. No teacher should be allowed to say that. And on top of that it did absolutely nothing for the positive! All it did was made me want to stick pretzels up her nose and stop taking notes. Her comment literally made me want to stop my education. I already barely had any form of motivation and now what do you know I have none for the rest of the day.

Cheers to a great start of the week am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment