Friday, April 24, 2015

Teachers Who Don't Teach

With less than 3 weeks until the big day(s), AP teachers are trying to squeeze in as many practice exams and practice FRQs as possible. Along with this comes an amount of unneeded stress that just adds to the amount that we're already under.

This year, I was blessed with having both of my AP classes back to back. Fourth and fifth period are the time where my teachers yell their brains out and get frustrated to the point of almost crying. Along with that comes the fact that they're both giving practice every things so I'm forced to try and get my brain to concentrate and comprehend all the work that is being thrown at me.

Teachers have to understand that they're talking to kids that range from the ages of 14 to 18. How can you possibly expect me to write a DBQ like I'm talking to someone that is "simple minded" and then talk to me like I'm a professor at Harvard. Teachers are supposed to TEACH hence the name. We shouldn't be expected to self teach and then just review in class. And if they do expect us to do that, then they can not possibly get angry with us when we don't understand because they are technically not doing their job. We all know that we have a huge exam coming up and yes some students are not pulling their weight but some students genuinely do not understand and should not be punished by their teachers for that. If a student asks a question, it's obviously because they don't understand. When a teacher replies with "I already answered that" it doesn't benefit anyone and just has the teacher wasting her breath.

LMS if you agree.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you , I just hate it how teachers expect you to know everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honesty of this blog. I'm not even taking any APs and i feel your pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the honesty of this blog. I'm not even taking any APs and i feel your pain

    ReplyDelete