Friday, April 17, 2015

Do You Believe in Magic?

Upon my return to Miami Dade County Jail Palmetto Senior High, the first task at hand was to make up everything that I had missed. First class to tackle: AP Human Geography.

Since I am still in the "please don't call on me or acknowledge my existence" with my teacher Mr. Hayduk, I decided to make up his test first so he wouldn't have a reason to yell/get mad at me. I grew some balls and went up to him after class. He simply told me to come during Journalism so I could have 45 minutes or to come during lunch and have 30 minutes. Now most people would've taken the option that gives them more time, so that's what I did. I went during lunch which gave me more time throughout the day to study.

When the time came, I had studied for a good 30 minutes in total and had 30 minutes to match 75 vocabulary words to their definitions. Needless to say I was close to pooping my pants especially since I failed the last test. I put the paper in front of me and it was like I was reborn. It was magical. I knew exactly what I was doing and it was such a rush. Knowing what the answer was without even having to second guess it is a feeling that I have missed. This made me realize that I've basically given up on myself and need to buckle down.

The next day I failed my Unit 3 Test. :)

8 comments:

  1. The opening line is hilarious/true otherwise yeah the same thing has happened to me a bunch of times your not alone :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I love your perspective on the AP class and your opinion is really humorous. This really gave me insight on the the struggles of an AP student and I wish you the best on the AP.

      Delete
  2. I love how you started, through out your story i enjoyed it, I wanted to keep reading and every sentence was getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely clever intro, definitely added emphasis and made me want to read more. Also very relatable, which helps readers connect with your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great blog, Michelle. One of my favorites. wish for yo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish for you to excel and soar beyond your own goals. You are a star. Truly.

      Delete
  6. Super funny and I really like the way you describe and write about things. People can really relate to your blogs.

    ReplyDelete