Wednesday, April 15, 2015

MONO-jarrez

  Throughout one's lifetime, you get sick many times. It's uncontrollable, uncomfortable, but none the less, natural. Usually when you tell someone you're ill they say, "Hope you feel better!" or "Do you want some soup?" What did I get? An "F" in my toughest class that now sits at a 0.31.

  Officially known as Infectious Mononucleosis, it's become known as "the kissing disease". It is also known that it can be spread but only through saliva. Why am I telling you this? Because April 3rd I had a little itch in my throat when I woke up for 7 AM practice. I thought it was nothing more than a dry throat and that it would pass. Boy was I wrong. Next thing I know I'm out of school for 6 days and have everyone pretty much making fun of me and coming up with names that now seem to be stuck with me like "Monojarrez".

  Regardless of the time of year, missing 6 days of school is a lot. Now imagine missing thing much when you are one month away from what seems to be the first standardized test you will ever fail. As Mrs. Farkas likes to say, "the train never stops moving" and she means it. Over a span of 6 days I managed to miss 4 tests/quizzes and tons of information which will now never get the chance to go in one ear and out of the other. In my other AP class - AP Human Geography - I missed a huge unit test and the ability to become accustomed to the teaching style of my adoptive teacher Mr. Hayduk.

  I've always thought that everything happens for a reason, but I sure don't see one behind getting Mono.

No comments:

Post a Comment